Monday, October 31, 2011

Rude

Oh Friday night my family went to a trunk or treat for church. The kids were all dressed up and we had a great time. Most importantly (as any parents knows) there was lots and LOTS of candy.

When we came home it was already far past my young childrens' bedtime. We came into the kitchen and I shucked the costumes for the older kids. It was cold that night so pajamas were already waiting underneath the costumes. I wiped their sticky faces while my hubby took the baby up to her crib.

Then I shooed the kids upstairs and straight to bed. (Well, *I* read for a while in bed before going to sleep.)

The next morning I noticed there was mud all over the kitchen and on my stairs. The floors had just been cleaned Friday morning, and now they were covered with mud. Egads!

Mom (yeah, that's ME) was forced to sweep the entire downstairs. You better believe that as I spent an hour cleaning up the mud, I was not thinking kind thoughts about the "mud tracker". I mean, it was possible it had been a kid, but I knew I pulled their shoes off downstairs when I took off their costumes.

If HE had cleaned the floors the day before, you better bet he wouldn't have kept his shoes on and tracked mud all over my very recently cleaned house. I fumed as I worked.

I finally got around to the last room left to be vacuumed, my bedroom. As I sucked up the last bits of mud, I thought to myself, "It's just rude. At least the person who made the mess could do the cleaning."

That's when I saw my muddy shoes parked right by my bed, where I'd left them the night before.

Oops.

3 comments: